The Port Stephens Family Fishing Competition has now concluded for 2015. Stay tuned for the 2016 Port Stephens Family Fishing Competition.
Soldiers Point Marina and Pantaenius Insurance are proud to sponsor the Inaugural Port Stephens Family Fishing Competition
February 7th - 8th 2015
Welcome to the magnificent waterways of Port Stephens. The Soldiers Point Marina and Pantaenius Sail & Motor Yacht Insurance Family Fishing Competition has been designed to involve the entire family with an emphasis on participation, spending time together and FUN.
The prizes are fantastic and you don’t need to be a champion to win one.
You can win $10,000 without getting a bite!!!!
(That’s one main cash prize of $5000 and 5 cash prizes of $1000)
PLUS there is an extra lucky angler prize of a 3 night accommodation stay at the Flagship Golf Villa located on the first tee at Horizons Golf Resort, Salamander Bay.
Sign up for email updates
- $40 per Junior Angler (under 16)
- $60 per Adult Angler
10 Target Species
One prize per fish
- Bream *
- Whiting *
- Flathead *
Weigh-in is at the Brolga lounge at the southern end of “B” Arm, Soldiers Point Marina.
- Saturday February 7th from 6am - 6pm
- Sunday February 8th 6am - 12noon
For fish caught after those hours please contact Laurie Chadder on 0421 523 623 and he will come down to the marina to weigh the fish.
Prize giving will be at Ibis Styles Salamander Shores from 1:00pm
Prior to starting fishing, intending entrants MUST check and register their attendance at Tournament Base, details to be confirmed closer to the competition.
- Click here to download the printable registration form (PDF)
- Click here to download the editable registration form (DOC)
Supporting the Real Futures Foundation
As the long term major sponsors of the Real Futures Foundation, Soldiers Point Marina is pleased to announce that all profits from the 2015 Family Fishing Competition will be given to support the young people on the Tomaree Peninsula via the many "Ready for Work" programs offered at Tomaree High School and St Philips Christian College.
- * Soldiers Point Marina is proud of its environmental policies and responsibilities and as such three of the species; Bream, Whiting and Flathead will be weigh and release only ie they must be live at weigh-in and then released. We also encourage half the usual bag limit of 10 requested by NSW Fisheries.
- Species prizes will be awarded for the above heaviest fish.
- There are 10 x species prizes for senior anglers and 10 x species prizes for junior anglers both for heaviest fish.
- All fish will be weighed.
- To be eligible for a species prize Anglers will be required to present one (1) legal fish to the “weigh master”.
- Fish may be released after an official has weighed them. Those fish that you wish to keep will have their tails docked.
- Every registered entrant is eligible for the Grand Prize of $5,000, 5 cash prizes of $1,000 and one prize of a 3 night accommodation prize regardless of whether they have caught a fish or not.
- The winners must be present when the draw for each prize is made.
- All prizes other than species prizes will be drawn from the barrel.
- All entrants MUST be present at the prize giving at Salamander Shores on Sunday February 8th from 1:00pm to be eligible for the 5 x $1000 cash prizes. If not there will be a redraw.
- To also win the extra lucky angler prize of a 3 night accommodation stay at the Flagship Golf Villa located on the first tee at Horizons Golf Resort, Salamander Bay, entrants must be present.
- Winner MUST be present for the draw of the $5000 cash prize or there will be a redraw.
Fishing is restricted from Seal Rocks to Stockton and inside Port Stephens. You can fish off breakwalls, beaches and jetties or out of a boat (hire boats if you wish). The Maritime, Marine Parks and NSW Fisheries laws relating to safe boating and angling regulations must be followed at all times.
For information regarding recreational fishing in the Port Stephens/Great Lakes Marine Park or other NSW Fisheries regulations please visit:
For more information please call Darrell or Carmen on - (02) 4982 7445